The Bookkeeper provides daily bookkeeping solutions to clients, under the supervision of the Squad Lead.
King Business Solutions (KBS) strives to be the support our clients rely on, as they build their business, and achieve or exceed their goals.
At KBS we VALUE
We are RESPECT & TRUST Builders
We build connections by being inclusive, kind, and speaking in a straightforward and compassionate manner.
We encourage growth in our team by actively working to train, develop, and stretch our team’s capacity.
We are SOLUTIONS FOCUSED
We are a supportive and accessible team of professional problem solvers.
We work with our clients and team to recommend and advise.
We are EXCEPTIONAL Solutions Providers
We work hard to accurately add value to our network of clients and their advisors.
We initiate opportunities to enhance our clients and advisors business.
We are LEGACY Builders
We carve our own path by providing customized solutions for our clients.
We are known for being an intrinsic part of our client’s businesses.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work on client files, using Hubdoc / QBO / Xero / QuickBooks Desktop / Sage / AgExpert
- Full Cycle bookkeeping with accuracy and efficiency
- Work individually and as a team on projects
- Complete work using detailed client checklists
- Ability to move between clients, send professional emails with the question you have, work in different industries and stay organized
- Maintain organized work station, computer desktop and downloads folder. Everything should be saved on SPO, nothing is allowed to be saved on your desktop.
- File/clean up client documents and files at the end of each day. When on site at client locale, workstations are to be left as found
- Adhere to clients regulatory deadlines, (Monthly / quarterly / yearly) for GST, source deductions, corporate tax, T4s, T4a’s, T5s, Charitable Receipts, etc, completing the applicable checklists in Financial Cents
- Scan all client documents as required and complete the year end package for the squad lead to review, completing the applicable checklist in XPM
- Receive client payments and deposits, take to bank as requested by client, (deposits completed in timely manner, payments done by deadline)
- Enter adjusting entries from the accountant and confirm trial balance reconciles to the accountant final trial balance
- Complete additional responsibilities and activities as requested
Required Skills & Experience
- You understand and agree to work with the same VALUES upheld by KBS
- Complete certification for Xero, QBO & Hubdoc within the first three (3) months of employment
- Communicate in a professional manner both written and verbally, using correct grammar and no texting lingo
- Prepare business correspondence in a professional manner; including but not limited to emails, corporate letters, and memos, when requested documents etc.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with and improve disorganized records
- Enter data accurately with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented and accurate in task and completion
- Strong understanding of accounting principles underlying the bookkeeping activities.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Possesses a positive attitude, able to work independently or as part of a team, and shows exceptional tact and sensitivity with clients
- You uphold all professional membership codes of conduct and ethics that you belong to when applicable
- Specifics will be outlined in individual contracts and the KBS Employee Handbook
- Position is in office or hybrid (remote and in office) with work at home percentage based on experience and skill set, office located in Leduc, Alberta.
- Full time position with salary dependent on successful applicants qualifications
- 2 weeks paid vacation (accrued at 4% of regular wages)
- Health Spending Account after 6 months of employment
- RRSP and/or TFSA matching program after 1 year of employment
- Bonus structure in place ability to qualify after 1 year of employment